Thursday, March 19, 2009

12 loaves of bread & 14 dress shirts

Wikipedia, Domestic Worker: 
"Domestic workers take care of the household and its dependent members.  They perform domestic chores such as laundry, ironing, cleaning the bathrooms, sweeping and mopping the floor, buying food and drinks, accompanying the head of the household for grocery shopping, cooking and cleaning the house.  They may also run errands and walk the family dog.  For many domestic workers, a large part of their job is taking care of the children."


















Domesticity and I make friends 4 days out of the year.
I make 3 batches of bread that sustain my family for the next 3 months.


Now its off to the ironing, which is also done . . .
4 times a year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Dear Jodi,
You amaze me!
love, Joy

Deidra said...

I USED to iron 4 times a year. Then one day my MIL saw my pile and demanded to do it for me. Now she picks it up regularly. I felt bad at first. Now I'm over it. I hate ironing!.

Becky W. said...

What? I still can't believe you make bread. I never thought you'd be making your own bread. So domestic! You amaze me. I can't wait to have a counter filled with bread like yours. (Yes, I'd love both a counter like yours and bread like yours.)