Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My Theory


Last night was a Double Stuff sort of night so I dug out the last package of Oreos I had hidden behind the dry soup mix and cracked them open. I poured myself a mug of icy cold milk and sat down to a pile of my favorite cookies. Not one or two but a pile.

When I'm partaking in junk food I have a "let's get this over with" attitude. I figure it's better to attack my body with a complete onslaught of sugar and fat all at once allowing it to put up a good fight and hopefully rid itself of most the toxic substance I've just taken in. Eating a cookie a day would be a mean trick to play. My body might not notice it sandwiched between the afternoon salad and that evenings well rounded meal. It might accidently hang on to those sugary calories without even knowing it.

See my logic?

This thought process spills into Halloween at my house. When my little ghouls return from collecting a plethora of sweets I sit them down in front of a movie and let them eat themselves into a candy trance.

There. Done. Now go on little bodies and get to purging.



7 comments:

Tiffany said...

Makes perfect sense.

Mary Ann said...

Amen. That's why I should never have opened that 'Halloween' sized bag of mini-Kit Kats and Reeses. Now I have to go get another one...but not until RIGHT before the big night!

Jess said...

What a fine theory... I might have to adapt to it!

Kim said...

I think it's time to crack open my newly purchased package of Oreos and let the onslaught begin.

BRoss said...

you were hiding Oreos?

Anonymous said...

Amen to that!

Oldsgoats said...

I like it when the hubby doesn't know our faults or secrets. It keeps things exciting