Thursday, February 3, 2011

I feel really happy today

He sounds like he's hearing impaired
and I have to ask him to repeat things approximately three hundred and twelve times a day. When I hit a wall I use our 11 year old interpreter who has by some miracle always understood his younger brother.

I was thinking again about how magical it is to hear him speak. After years of autistic silence the sound of his voice is music to my ears.

Sometimes my heart feels so full I just want to shout from the rooftop

"MY SON CAN TALK!
MY SON CAN TALK!
MY SON CAN TALK!"

it never gets old,

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day! I love those days that we set a side sometime and see the wonderful blessings and miracles that are around us and given to us daily from our Father in Heaven.
Love ya and your family:)

Unused Account said...

YAY!

And isn't it wonderful that your amazing family has everything he needs to be heard, right down to the interpreter.

Heavenly Father is good.

Anonymous said...

AH HAAAA...
I LOVE YOU and YOUR BLOG. Hidden talent, who knew?? I don't know you all that well, now, do I? Can I have some lessons in writing and photography? I adore you. Have a wonderful weekend, yeah!!
brenda

Sariah said...

I totally get it. Chas may yell insults at his sister daily, and he may get 2 out of 10 on most of his spelling tests, and he may complain about every dinner I put in front of him, but HE TALKS! and HE HOLDS A PENCIL! and HE SWALLOWS! What a difference perspective makes. It doesn't get old for me either.

HAVING THE TIME OF MY LIFE....... said...

I understand a glimpse what you are saying. I hear my little girl ask or express a 3 -5 word complete sentence my heart skips a beat. Those moments of feeling my daughter is finally speaking reminds me it has taken 6 1/2 long years but those long yrs don't feel so long now. So happy for you Jod!

Jess said...

I agree with you. IT NEVER GET'S OLD.
I love him so much.