Friday, March 4, 2011

I was on a long distance call with the breeder

"He will bark," she said. "Goldendoodles bark."
And then she repeated it again a few seconds later,
as if I hadn't heard what she'd said.
I'd heard exactly what she'd said . . .
"Blah, blah, blah, goldendoodle,
blah, blah, blah, puppy,
blah, blah, blah,
he's yours."
A man pulling a little boy in a wagon stopped in front of our house today and pointed happily at the huge goldendoodle in the front window. *bark*bark*bark*

I saw a different father and son duo earlier in the week. "Cheap entertainment" I thought as the dad pushed the stroller onto our lawn so as to get a closer look.
*Bark*Bark*Bark*

One morning the dog's deafening barks were bouncing across the tile floor with such heightened intensity I stepped to a side window to see what all the fuss was about. There was a white haired couple wearing matchy sweatsuits standing immediately in front of our sitting room window. The husband was looking around nervously as his wife carried out some kind of crazy dance, arms waving over her head while her hips swayed from side to side. It took me a minute to process what was happening . She was egging my dog on and I could tell by the smile in her eyes and the laughter on her lips that she was thoroughly enjoying herself.
*BARK*BARK*BARK*

So anyway, I'm just now remembering that
I was warned that Goldendoodles do bark

and I'm wondering where I put that darn receipt . . .

No comments: