Wednesday, March 30, 2011

"Why do boys have to be so dumb?"

my friend asked me as we were discussing the drama of who was asking who to Jr. Prom this year. My mind wandered back to my own Junior year of High School.

I was a Junior Class Officer assigned to head up the decorating committee for Jr. Prom. The committee and I had been working tirelessly for weeks, determined that this event would be "Spectucular! Spectacular!" A couple weekends before the big event the boy I was dating pulled me aside and said "You don't really want to go to prom do you?" (more of a statement than a question) "Well good. There's a pair of (Air Jordan) shoes I've been wanting to buy."

See? Maybe boys aren't so dumb.

Those shoes lasted a heckuva lot longer than his relationship with the head of the decorating committee . . .

1 comment:

Kim said...

You should host a "Mom Prom" and wear your old prom dresses (or find a "spectacular! spectacular!" one at DI). Make it a fundraiser and raise some money for autism. Just a thought.