Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Hatchet Job

We've been invited to dinner by one of my husband's clients. They asked us to bring fruit. I hate fruit.

Last time I bought a watermelon I asked a random gentleman in the produce section to pick it out for me. "I'm never wrong," he said. And he wasn't wrong. It was to die for.

I tried picking out a watermelon for tonight. It's awful. It's grainy, runny, slushy awful. And I can't cut it straight. It's running down my apron onto my jeans and all over my kitchen floor. Why, for the love of Pete, can I not pick out a good piece of fruit?!

I just wanted to say publicly one more time

i
hate
fruit.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I'm sure it's a love/hate relationship. Watermelon should sound hollow but it hasn't always worked for me either. Grab some strawberries and a bowl of sour cream and a bowl of brown sugar. Everyone can dip the berry into the sour cream then the brown sugar. You'll be a super star.