Thursday, October 10, 2013

"Good luck today. Two years from now you'll wish you had this day back."

text sent from a friend who recently sent his son, a previous teammate, on a 2 yr. LDS mission

We cried at the realization
and then followed him
8,630 steps over a 2 day period 
as we cheered him on the State Playoffs.


Prepared to follow him millions more, 

Placed 13th individually in State.  Played AMAZING the first day, struggled a bit the second day.  Had just experienced a few hard breaks in a row when he walked past me (parents can't talk to players during the tournament) and offered me a fist bump and a  quick smile.  Big bear hugs after each round with a verbal "I love you" in front of his teammates.  Best. Moments. Ever. 


4 comments:

Mm said...

Just got back to your blog. Would love to comment on this, but no words will come. Love you...and that tall handsome golfer.

Becky W. said...

Wow! He is so old. Could he be becoming an adult? I love how you love him. I hope my kids will tell me I love you in front of others when they are big.

Megan Emmalee said...

Good job!! I hope Pax will say I love you to me in front of his friends one day :)

Nikki said...

Such great pics of all of you. He sure is growing up!