Friday, January 10, 2014

Perspective

Our local news station has a a segment they call "Wednesday's Child."  Each week they introduce a child living in Foster Care, a child who's looking for a permanent home, a forever family.

I read about these children and sometimes my mind will start re-situating our children's bedrooms, trying to figure out where we could fit another bed.  But as much as I want it to be right for our family I know it just isn't in our cards.  This doesn't stop me from reading and wondering.

This week I was especially touched by a 15 year old boy named Zane.  At the end of the interview he is asked what he wants more than anything.  His answer?  "A dad that has time to play with me and a mom that is a stay-at-home mom."

Not the newest game system, not a trip to some exotic place, not a college scholarship or a fast car but

a dad who will play with him

and a stay-at-home-mom.


Thank you Zane, for reminding me that I'm enough, for helping me to keep things in perspective.
   I pray your forever family finds you soon.

No comments: