Wednesday, June 13, 2012

hap·py/ˈhapē/

Adjective:
  1. Feeling or showing pleasure or contentment.
  2. Having a sense of confidence in or satisfaction with (a person, arrangement, or situation).










The sky was alive as the stars twinkled in the magic of their surroundings.  We threw our arms in the air as if to touch them as the chilled wind whipped at our faces, the initial thrill never ceasing as our family rode it again. and again. and again.

Holding hands so as not to lose each other we wound our way through the crowds to the end of main street where we settled in next to grammy and grandpa just as the sky exploded into color.  With fireworks bursting over head and children snuggled into my side I thought that perhaps this was indeed as happy a place as I'd ever been.  No computers, no to-do lists, no distractions.   Only each other.


Momentary heaven.

1 comment:

mm said...

I almost feel like I'm there!