Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Buyers remorse to the hundredth degree

He hates his purchases before he's even made it out the sliding glass doors. "I made a mistake! I made a mistake! I want to return it! I hate it! I made a mistake!" I've heard this song and dance approximately two million three hundred and two times.

Mason jar full of coins with the word "Lego" taped to the front. Forty five minutes inspecting each box on the Lego aisle. Lady behind the counter completely flustered by all the coins. Bagged purchase and receipt in hand. "I made a mistake!" Screaming in the car. Screaming at home. Lego purchase tossed off side of deck, sits on wet grass for days. Lego purchase gets opened and assembled. Lego purchase gets shoved back in box and taped shut.

this time
the unsuspecting mailman
becomes a player in his sordid little game.

2 comments:

Deidra said...

I'm sorry, as a mother I feel your pain but I am laughing so hard! There are so many toys to choose from these days, it sure is hard for them to be able to choose "one" thing. He is smart to think of the mailman though. Have a great day!

Jessica said...

LOL, he's a very innovative problem solver!