Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sometimes

the only thing worse than not having money to spend
is having money to spend.

I spent three full days visiting every shop between St. George and Las Vegas only to return home with one pair of practical shoes and a classic brown dress. My friend says it's because I had the (birthday) money to spend. She claims you only find cute things when you can least afford them. How true, how true.

I did make one frivolous purchase recently, a darling cookie jar from Secret Haven. The problem is I'm not sure it's as sensational in my home on my shelf. That's because I actually purchased it. If I had purchased it mentally, like I do most everything else, it would have fit the space and the decor perfectly.

shopping = thorn in my side.

what do you think, does it stay or go?
(thanks for the suggestion of moving it up Tiff!
Owls really do like to be up high!)

9 comments:

Kim said...

I love owls! Enjoy your "real" purchase!

Mel P. said...

I love it! A touch of whimsey. I think it should stay.

Anonymous said...

Stay. Definitely stay!

Deidra said...

stay.

Anonymous said...

it's adorable!! it should stay

Syd

JDM said...

Keep!

Jessica said...

Cute! I vote stay! Of course, decorating isn't exactly my strong suit.

Jess said...

You know what I think!

Linda said...

I love it......perfect colors...and you have it in the perfect place on top of that darling cupboard!! Good job Jod.......