Thursday, April 7, 2011

Basking

I watched a young mother from across the pool as she cuddled her little one to her. I loved those days. I loved watching my babies hair turn platinum and their skin turn golden as we enjoyed summer vacations poolside. I wanted it to last forever . . . but it didn't.

They outgrew the need for swim diapers, they grew tall enough to touch the bottom of the pool, they learned how to hold their breath, and float and eventually swim. And let me just say, it's fabulous.


it's about loving the time you're in,

4 comments:

Jess said...

I so believe this. Enjoy each stage of life... the beautiful and the bleak.

Wish we were there with you in the sunshine. Our bodies could have used it.

We've missed ya.

Jodi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BRoss said...

I'm chanting quietly to myself.

Anonymous said...

Hope you had fun!
Syd