Thursday, May 22, 2014

And so it goes . . .

"Nick, how about dressing up as a knight for the medieval feast?"

"I signed up to be a jester."

"Can you change?  I've already borrowed the knight costume from my friend."

"I want to be jester."

"Matt was a knight.  Knights are so cool Nick."

"I want to be a jester."

Humph.

Make an appointment with crazy costume rental lady.  Wait 30 minutes past the time she said she'd be there.  Enter a huge store that is straight out of one of my nightmares.  Bad smells.  Bad sights.  Wandering.  Digging.  90 minutes later we leave with a jester costume.

2 days later . . . 

"Are you excited about your jester costume?"

"I'm not going to be a jester anymore.  I'm going to be a peasant."

"What?  But Nick, we've already rented the jester costume!"

"I know mom.  I'm sorry.  But I want to be peasant."




Then I discovered this guy on Nick's dresser
and suddenly it all made sense.

Legos.  They can be so darn persuasive.

1 comment:

Mel P. said...

That face says it all! Sometimes letting them change their mind at the last minute (although frustrating and expensive) is the right choice. Good parenting!