Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Answer to Prayers

I pray.
A lot.
Some days I pray for help being cheerful,
or patient, or kind, or smart.
I pray for my friend's sick mother,
for my friend that is moving, for my friend who is conflicted.
I pray for my parents and my niece on their missions.
I pray for family members.
I pray for my children's safety.
I pray that the deer will stop eating the plants in our garden.

In December I prayed that God would help us with a bill.
A really BIG hospital bill,
that our insurance had denied.

As I prayed I had a distinct impression that everything was going to be alright.  I knew that God was going to help us.  Euphoria and peace replaced fear and anxiety.

For the next 5 months phone calls were made, letters were written, and appeals were submitted.  It was laborious and maddening but I was sure of the end result.  I had, after all, received an answer to my prayers, hadn't I?

And then we got the final word.

denied.
denied.
denied.

There was no way around it.  My sweetheart and I were left to pay a hospital bill in the thousands with no financial help. I called the hospital to set up a payment plan  and realized that my heart was peaceful.  A burden felt like it was being lifted and I realized in that moment that my prayers were being answered.

We've had 5 months to consider this bill.  To roll the amount around in our heads, to say it, to process it.  We have have the ability to pay it. We are blessed.


God was right.
Everything is alright.


Thankful for His answers,

1 comment:

Mel P. said...

Just had a similar financial experience. So grateful for prayer and faith. God always knows the outcome. With faith, we can feel His peace in our lives. Such a blessing!