Monday, April 16, 2012

to my daughter -

I'm going to the gynecologist today

I called the office on my 40th birthday 
and scheduled the appointment, 
a birthday gift I give myself every year. 
because I love me and I love you.  
when you are a young mother
it will be near impossible to find time for yourself.
you will find it hard to justify the co-pay
the babysitter, the hour that's all about you.
no one will be scheduling your appointments for you.
you are the resident scheduler.
make a place for yourself on the to-do list
because keeping you healthy and happy
will be critical to the success of your home.
it may feel selfish fitting in your own dental appointments
and annual exams
but sweetheart,
it would be selfish not to.
 taking care of you
is one of the greatest gifts
you will ever give your father in heaven,
your family and yourself.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So....when you get home and we are having our weekend wrapup, can we still down that whole package of oreos like we planned?-Gina

Jodi said...

Gina,
of course silly. everyone knows double stuffs are part of a well balanced diet.

Jess said...

Add may i add.... You have never looked better.

BRoss said...

Perhaps my favorite picture of all time.